Minnesota special-needs pupil transporters honored
Special-needs pupil transportation officials in Minnesota were recently honored for excellence in service by the Minnesota Special Education Transportation Committee, in cooperation with the Minnesota Association for Pupil Transportation.
The 11th Annual Special Education Transportation Awards Program identifies and recognizes the best special-education school bus drivers and special-education transportation assistants. Through vendor sponsorships, the first place winners in each category have an opportunity to receive training at no cost to the school district or bus company that they work for.
The training will be held at the Minnesota School Bus Train the Trainer Instructor seminars in July.
This year’s Special-Education Bus Driver Award winners are:
• 1st Place — Tom Thaxton of Eden Prairie Schools #272
• 2nd Place — Frank Voigt of Pierz Schools #484
• 3rd Place — Tom Foy of Bloomington Public Schools #271
This year’s Special-Education Transportation Assistant Award winners are:
• 1st Place — Kristi Hatterschide of Eden Prairie Schools #272
• 2nd Place — Diane Perusse of Osseo Area Schools #279
• 3rd Place — Jodi Barnes of Voigt’s School Bus Services
Honorable mentions went to Orie Kvilhaug of Westbrook Walnut Grove Public Schools #2898 and Jason Lee of Metropolitan Transportation Network serving Beacon Academy.
From: School Bus Fleet